Easy Homemade Mixed Nut Butter
Almost everyone loves nut butter, yet most people don’t realize how easy it is to make. This easy homemade nut butter recipe makes the best nut butter. It is creamy, nutty, and has a slightly sweet roasted flavor. Nut butter can also be made from any of your favorite nuts. I combine walnuts and almonds with healthy seeds to make nutrient-dense keto nut butter. You can enjoy this delicious nut butter as a topping on my chia seed pudding recipe.
What is Nut Butter?
Nut butter is a creamy spread made from one or more kinds of nuts. It is made using a food processor to finely grind the nuts into a smooth paste. Nut butter such as peanut butter and almond butter are staples among most households. Many make classic peanut butter and jelly sandwiches or pair nut butter with fruits and vegetables. But unfortunately, high-quality nut butter is starting to get expensive. Luckily, you can easily enjoy freshly made nut butter while saving money by making it at home!
What is the Healthiest Nut Butter
The healthiest nut butter is almond butter since it has more nutrients than other nuts. Almond butter is also made of the most healthy fats that are beneficial to heart health. Nuts and seeds also have excellent nutritional content. They have a nice balance of healthy fats, protein, fiber, and other vitamins and minerals. Macadamia nuts, chia seeds, and sacha inchi seeds are also excellent ingredients for making keto-friendly nut butter.
Tips to Make the Best Mixed Nut Butter
- Be patient when you are blending the nuts. It takes about 10 to 15 minutes for the nuts to reach a creamy consistency.
- For the best quality nut butter, choose organic nuts when you can and only buy unsalted nuts and seeds. If you buy salted nuts and seeds, the nut butter will be too salty.
- Make sure to roast the nuts and seeds before blending them. This will enhance the flavor of your final nut butter.
- If you use nuts with loose skin, like macadamia nuts, remove the skin before blending the nuts.
- Don’t add water to the blender. Instead, add a spoon of honey or maple to help with the consistency.
- Add a tiny amount of salt. The nut butter will already be flavorful and savory from being roasted.
- Nut butter can be easily stored in a closed glass jar such as a mason jar.
Mixed Nut Butter Variations
The best part of making nut butter at home is adding any and all of your favorite ingredients. So don’t limit yourself. Be creative and mix and match ingredients that you think would work well together. Here are a few of my favorite variations of nut butter. Feel free to try them out!
- Almond, coconut, dark chocolate
- Cashew, walnut cinnamon
- Moringa, almond, hemp hearts
- Almond, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, hemp flax seeds, vanilla
|1 cup unsalted roasted almond|
|1 cup unsalted roasted walnut|
|1 cup roasted sunflower seeds|
|1 cup pumpkin unsalted seeds|
|2 tablespoons chia seeds|
|2 tablespoons hemp hearts|
|½ teaspoons salt|