Sweet and Spicy Bacon-Wrapped Pineapple
These sweet and spicy bacon-wrapped pineapple bites are crispy, slightly tangy, and caramelized with the taste of toasted brown sugar. The juicy pineapple chunks in the center of these bite-sized appetizers brighten up the taste of the salty bacon. You can easily make these pineapple appetizers for any party or even eat them regularly as a snack. The perfect balance of sweet and spicy makes this recipe for bacon-wrapped pineapple irresistible!
Another great dish that you try with pineapples is the Pan-roasted Chicken Thighs with Pineapple Chili Glaze. This spicy and sweet combination works so well together.
What Type of Bacon Is Best For This Dish?
You can use any type of bacon, including naturally hardwood, smoked, maple cured, Applewood smoked, sugar-cured bacon, or mesquite smoked. They all taste slightly different, so it is important to know which is your favorite. You should make sure to use thinly sliced bacon to make sure the bacon gets crispy. If your bacon is too thick, it will take longer to cook, and the pineapples will be overcooked.
Tips for the Best Sweet and Spicy Bacon-Wrapped Pineapple
- Fresh pineapple works better as canned pineapple has much liquid. Even when you dry the canned pineapples, they still won’t work as well as fresh ones.
- Let the pineapple soak with sriracha sauce and paprika for about 15 minutes before using them. That way, they can absorb the flavor and give the dish an extra kick of spice.
- Use a baking rack so that all sides of the bacon get crispy. Don’t lay the bacon straight on the tray.
- You should also cover the tray with foil to catch any dripping from the bacon.
- Make a paste with brown sugar and a bit of pineapple juice. The paste should be moist but not wet. This will help the brown sugar stick to the bacon.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and have it ready for when you are prepared to start the recipe
- Use thin strips of bacon since thick bacon will take longer to cook. Also, thick bacon strips will result in mushy pineapple inside.
|1 fresh pineapple cut into large chunks about an inch to an inch and a half. Use about 24 pineapple chunks or as many you want.|
|2 cups sriracha sauce|
|12 strips of thin-cut bacon|
|½ cup brown sugar|
|4 tablespoons pineapple juice|
|1 teaspoon paprika|