Delight in the homemade goodness of our easy-to-make cinnamon rolls. Each roll is a heavenly swirl of soft dough and sweet cinnamon, topped with a luscious glaze. These cinnamon rolls are sure to be a hit for breakfast or a comforting snack.
You know this yummy classic as homemade cinnamon rolls, but I like to refer to this recipe as “Bill’s Rolls.” He was an older man I loved dearly and regularly came to the cafe for a sweet treat. His dietary restrictions didn’t stop him from craving baked goods, and his favorite was the cinnamon roll and sometimes carrot muffins. He loved them so much that, on the days when I was closed, I would freeze some along with some icing on the side so he could bake them at home. Thinking of him now makes my heart warm.
After 12 years of perfecting and sharing this recipe with Bill, I’d like to pass it on to you! Get ready for fluffy, buttery, delicious rolls filled with cinnamon that will fill your home with a genuinely unforgettable aroma. You are so good you’ll probably have to double the recipe!
Homemade Cinnamon Rolls: Ingredients
Ingredients for the Dough:
- All-purpose flour provides the perfect structure for these homemade cinnamon rolls.
- Eggs enrich the dough and contribute to its tender texture.
- Sugar adds sweetness to balance the spiced filling.
- Softened unsalted butter lends a rich and creamy flavor.
- Active yeast is the key to the dough’s rising process.
- Salt enhances the overall flavor profile with a hint of savory goodness.
Ingredients for the Filling:
- Softened unsalted butter combined with…
- Cinnamon creates the warm and aromatic core of these cinnamon rolls.
- Brown sugar adds a delightful molasses-like sweetness.
Ingredients for the Icing:
- Cream cheese forms the velvety base of the icing.
- Unsalted butter complements the cream cheese for a creamy and rich consistency.
- Vanilla extract imparts a sweet and aromatic essence.
- Powdered sugar sweetens and thickens the icing, making it lusciously smooth.
Tips for Perfect Cinnamon Rolls
- Yeast Test: Before you start, test your yeast to ensure your cinnamon rolls rise beautifully. Mix a teaspoon of yeast with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 cup of warm water. Cover and place in a doesn’tea. If you don’t froth up within two minutes, you’ll need fresh yeast.
- Room Temperature Icing: To avoid clumpy icing on your cinnamon rolls, keep your icing at room temperature. Cold icing won’t spread evenly.
- Frosting Technique: As soon as your cinnamon rolls come out of the oven warm, dollop a generous amount of icing on each. This allows the icing to melt into every crevice. Then, brush or spatula to thoroughly spread the icing over the rolls.
These tips ensure your homemade cinnamon rolls are not just delicious but also visually appealing, with smooth, perfectly spread icing
Storing and Reheating
Tell Me How I’m Doing?
Did you love baking and tasting these homemade cinnamon rolls? Share your thoughts and experiences in the comments below! Your feedback is what keeps our baking adventures exciting and delicious!