Prepare to savor a unique dessert with this Lemon Olive Oil Cake with Lavender. Lavender’s floral notes complement the zesty lemon, while a velvety glaze of homemade lemon curd and mascarpone elevates it. A delightful twist on a classic, this is one of my favorite citrus desserts, ideal for any occasion.
As a devoted enthusiast of citrus desserts and all things sweet, I’ve long been entranced by cakes that brim with vibrant, tangy flavors. This Lemon Olive Oil Cake Recipe, in particular, is a culinary masterpiece that consistently appeases my sweet tooth. It’s a delightful fusion of flavors, harmonizing the richness of olive oil, the creaminess of crème fraîche, and the zesty brightness of lemon. Join me on this flavorful journey as I walk you through crafting this luscious treat!
Ingredients for Lemon Olive Oil Cake Recipe
For the cake:
- All-purpose flour adds a tender crumb texture to the cake.
- Baking powder and baking soda work together to give the cake a light and airy rise.
- A touch of salt enhances the overall flavor of the cake.
- Extra-virgin olive oil contributes a rich, slightly fruity note and moistness to the cake.
- Granulated sugar adds a sweet base to balance the tartness of the lemons.
- Eggs provide structure and richness to the cake.
- Cream fraîche, Greek yogurt, or sour cream (if unavailable) bring a creamy and slightly tangy element to the batter.
- Zest of 2 lemons infuses the cake with fragrant citrus notes.
- Fresh lemon juice, preferably from Meyer lemons, offers a bright and zesty lemony flavor.
For the glaze:
- Mascarpone cheese creates a luxurious, creamy texture and adds a mild, slightly tangy flavor to the glaze.
- Lemon curd imparts a vibrant and zesty lemon flavor with a perfect balance of sweetness.Check my recipe here .
- Crushed pistachios provide a delightful crunch and nutty taste, complementing the creamy and tangy elements of the glaze for a harmonious finish to the cake.
Baking with Olive Oil vs. Butter
Choosing the right fat for your cake can make all the difference. While butter is a classic choice, I’ve found that using mild-tasting olive oil in this Lemon Cake recipe adds subtle fruitiness and richness to the cake without overpowering the lemon’s vibrant flavor. Of course, you can always opt for the traditional butter, which will lend a slightly different but equally delicious character to your cake. Quality ingredients are key when baking, and olive oil lemon cake offers a healthier twist.
Delightful Topping Ideas
I recommend a velvety glaze made with a blend of homemade lemon curd and mascarpone cheese to crown your Olive Oil Lemon Cake. This combination adds a delightful layer of flavor that perfectly complements the cake’s zesty essence. If you prefer alternatives, consider dusting the cake with powdered sugar or layering it with whipped cream or a simple cream cheese frosting. Pair a slice of this delectable cake with a cup of tea or coffee for a delightful afternoon treat, or serve it as a dessert for special occasions.
Effortless Release with a Springform Pan
I highly recommend using a 9-inch springform pan for the most accessible and elegant presentation. Its design ensures a smooth and fuss-free release once the cake has cooled. A regular 9-inch cake pan can suffice if you don’t have one. Remember to grease it generously and line the bottom with parchment paper for a hassle-free removal of your lemony olive oil cake.
Tell Me How I’m Doing?
Have you made this Lemon olive oil cake with Mascarpone Glaze? I love to hear your feedback about this recipe. Feel free to leave a comment below.