For those who don’t know me yet, one fact you should know about me is that I can make the best granola you have ever had, so good that you wouldn’t want any other chocolate dessert. I’m not kidding!
I made granola in my cafe for 10 years. The granola was sold directly to my customers and eventually took the business to a new level. This lead me to bring the granola to market and expanded the operation to sell the product on the shelves. My granola was even sold in the Whole Foods market. You can read more about my experience selling granola in my business blog.
Today I am sharing one of the best chocolate granola recipes I used to make. It was one of the top sellers. Did I mention that I used to make nine different varieties of granola mixes at some point? I was obsessed with mixing fruits, nuts, and oats to put complimenting flavors together!
This granola recipe is rich in chocolate but not overwhelmingly sweet! I used 70% dark chocolate to get the perfect blend of bitterness and sweetness. The maple syrup and honey combination really boosts the flavor and enhance the chocolate. You could enjoy it by itself as a snack or with yogurt topped with some fresh berries. Add the granola to your smoothies, or incorporate it into your cookie dough. You can even use it as a topping for your favorite ice cream. The possibilities are endless when it comes to ways to enjoy this chocolate granola!
What Can I Add to The Granola?
This chocolate jubilee granola has a delicious mix of fruits, nuts, and oats, but you can add whatever you want! Feel free to use a different combination of whatever is available in your pantry. For instance, you can add raisins, cashews, pecans, dried cranberries, and blueberries. These ingredients all make a great mix!
Is Granola Healthy?
Yes, granola is incredibly healthy! Granola has plenty of satiating ingredients and is high in protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals. It is tasty, healthy, and can be eaten with other protein-packed foods like Greek yogurt for the perfect healthy breakfast. Since you are making your own granola, you can control exactly what you want to add and ensure you get all of the necessary nutrients in the granola.
Tips for The Perfect Chocolate Granola Dessert
- Melt the butter, honey, and maple together before you add them to the oats. This will allow all the flavors to incorporate better.
- Toast the coconut separately in the oven until it becomes light golden. Be sure to keep an eye on the coconut as it could be quickly over-toasted and ruin the flavor of the coconut.
- When the oat mixture is finished baking in the oven, remove add the chocolate chips and mix everything together until the chips are melted. Use a large spoon to mix the oats with the chocolate. The mixture will be hot, so be careful.
- After mixing in the chocolate, return the oats to the baking sheet and keep it aside until it comes to room temperature.
- When the granola cools down, you can mix in the cherries and coconut.