Tahini Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies
If you are tired of plain old chocolate chip cookies, give these tahini pecan chocolate chip cookies a try! It is the most delicious yet the easiest cookie recipe. These Tahini pecan chocolate chip cookies are nutty, flavorful, and have the perfect texture! Adding tahini gives these traditional chocolate chip cookies a unique twist. They are nuttier and have a slightly savory taste to them. These thick, soft, and fluffy tahini pecan chocolate chip cookies will be some of the best cookies you have ever had.
I have made many batches of these chocolate chip cookies and discovered the best ways to get that chewy, gooey texture. Here are some pointers for how to make the best tahini pecan chocolate chip cookies with this easy cookie recipe!
What is Tahini?
Tahini is a soft sesame paste that is popular in The Middle East. It is used in many savory dishes, including moutabal and shawarma. While many people think of tahini as an ingredient for savory dishes, it is also commonly used in making sweets! For instance, it is a key ingredient in halva, and it can also be added to brownies, cakes, and cookies. Adding tahini to chocolate chip cookies makes the batter taste nutty and prevents the cookies from being too overwhelmingly sweet.
How Big Should You Make a Cookie?
You can choose how large you want to make the cookies! I like to make them super large since they tend to have a softer center, but you can make them as big as you want. Some people suggest forming the cookie dough into a 1-inch ball for the perfect size.
What Should I Add To the Cookies?
You can essentially add whatever you want to add to this easy cookie recipe! I like adding pecans to get that crunchy texture and dark chocolate to balance the sweetness of sugar, but you can add whatever you like. You can make this recipe your own by adding different kinds of nuts such as walnuts, macadamia nuts, or peanuts. You can also add different kinds of chocolate such as M&M, white chocolate, milk chocolate, or semi-sweet chocolate.
Tips To Make This Easy Cookie Recipe
- Allow the ingredients to come to room temperature before using the eggs and butter. Don’t use the microwave to soften the butter.
- Let the oven reach the temperature of 325 F for 10 minutes before putting the baking sheet in the oven.
- Do not subtitle baking soda for baking powder! Baking soda is needed to release carbon dioxide gas to craft soft fluffy cookies.
- The dough must be cold when baking, and the baking sheet should not be hot. This will prevent the cookie from spreading, and you will have more of a fluffy texture cookie.
- Rotate pans during baking. Most ovens have a hot spot, meaning some of the cookies will brown faster than others turn so they can be baked evenly.
- Always fold the chocolate chips and other nuts with a spatula. Do not mix the cookie dough together.
|4 oz unsalted butter|
|½ cup tahini|
|1 cup brown sugar|
|1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour|
|1 cup dark chocolate chip|
|½ cup chopped pecan|
|½ teaspoon baking soda|
|½ teaspoon baking powder|
|1 teaspoon salt|