Fasolada Greek Bean Soup Recipe
This Fasolada is a traditional Cypriot soup made with white beans, vegetables, and spices. A flavorful soup is easy to make and packed with nutrients, making it an excellent choice for anyone looking for a healthy and satisfying meal.
Fasolada, often hailed as the national bean soup dish of Cyprus, stands as a testament to the region’s rich culinary traditions. Crafted from a hearty mix of white beans and vibrant vegetables, this rustic dish isn’t merely simple to prepare but also a nutritional powerhouse. As such, it emerges as an ideal choice for those searching for a balance between health and indulgence. To elevate its flavors, don’t forget to generously drizzle it with olive oil, effortlessly transforming it into bean soup with vegetables that everyone finds irresistible.
Fasolada Soup Recipe Ingredients
- Dry White Beans: Dry white beans, when cooked, provide a creamy and slightly nutty texture, along with a mild, earthy flavor that forms the heart of this hearty soup.
- Olive Oil: Olive oil imparts a rich, fruity, and slightly peppery note, serving as the base for sautéing vegetables and adding depth to the soup.
- Carrots: Chopped carrots contribute a natural sweetness and earthy flavor, while their vibrant orange color adds visual appeal to the soup.
- Celery Stalks: Celery stalks provide a mild, herbal, and slightly bitter taste, enhancing the overall aroma and complementing the other vegetables.
- Garlic: Minced garlic infuses the soup with a pungent and savory flavor, elevating the overall depth of taste.
- Bay Leaf: Bay Leaf adds a subtle and slightly minty note, enhancing the soup’s aroma and imparting a mild herbal flavor.
- Coriander and Cumin: Coriander offers a citrusy, slightly nutty, and mildly spicy flavor, while cumin provides earthy, smoky, and warm notes, enhancing the soup’s complexity.
- Tomato Paste: Tomato paste lends a concentrated, sweet, and slightly tangy tomato flavor, forming the base of the broth.
- Tomatoes: Chopped tomatoes contribute a fresh, juicy, and sweet-tart taste, enhancing the tomato profile of the soup and providing texture.
- Vegetable Broth: Vegetable broth adds a savory and aromatic depth to the soup, enriching the overall flavor.
- Rosemary Sprigs: Rosemary offers an aromatic, woodsy, and slightly pine-like flavor, infusing the soup with fragrant herbal notes.
- Fresh Lemon Juice: Fresh lemon juice provides a zesty, citrusy, and bright acidity that balances the soup’s richness.
- Chopped Parsley: Chopped parsley adds a fresh and slightly peppery note, serving as a garnish to enhance the soup’s presentation and taste.
Tell Me How I’m Doing?
Have you made this warm and hearty Fasolada Greek Bean Soup recipe? Love to hear back from you; leave me a comment below