Roasted Brussels Sprouts are a beloved side dish that deserves a place at your dinner table. This Roasted Brussels Sprouts Recipe transforms these humble green gems into a mouthwatering masterpiece. With the addition of a delectable Pomegranate Molasses Dressing, these sprouts become the star of any meal. Follow along for a simple yet irresistible recipe that will have you craving your daily dose of greens.
Ingredients for Flavorful Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Fresh Brussels sprouts: The star of the dish, these sprouts are roasted to perfection, bringing a delicious nutty flavor and a satisfying crunch.
- Olive oil: Coating the Brussels sprouts in olive oil before roasting ensures they become crispy and develop a rich, savory taste.
- Walnuts: Roasted walnuts add a delightful crunch and earthy flavor that complements the Brussels sprouts beautifully.
- Feta cheese, crumbled: Creamy and tangy feta cheese crumbles provide a salty contrast to the sweet pomegranate molasses and bright lemon zest.
- Zest of one lemon: Lemon zest contributes a zesty and citrusy aroma that elevates the dish’s overall freshness.
- Juice of one lemon: Fresh lemon juice brings a vibrant acidity, balancing the sweetness of the pomegranate molasses.
- Pomegranate molasses: The heart of the dressing, pomegranate molasses infuses the dish with a sweet and tangy note, adding depth and complexity.
- Aleppo pepper: A sprinkle of Aleppo pepper provides a mild heat and subtle fruity undertones, enhancing the overall flavor profile.
- Fresh pomegranate seeds: These ruby-red jewels provide a burst of juicy sweetness and a visually stunning contrast to the dish.
Preparing Brussels Sprouts for Cooking
Achieving a perfect crispy taste with Brussels sprouts begins with selecting fresh and firm sprouts. After gathering your sprouts, give them a thorough wash. Then, trim away the tough ends. If you’re dealing with larger sprouts, consider halving them. This ensures uniform roasting and maximizes the flavor profile by exposing more of the sprout’s surface.
How Long to Roast Brussels Sprouts
Now that your sprouts are prepared, it’s time for roasting. Begin by preheating your oven to 400°F. For that perfect blend of a tender interior and a slightly crispy, caramelized exterior, aim for a roasting time of approximately 30 minutes.
Brussels Sprouts: A Healthy Choice
Beyond their taste, Brussels sprouts offer a treasure trove of health benefits. These cruciferous vegetables are packed with fiber, essential vitamins, and minerals. With a substantial vitamin K content, they support bone health and prevent clotting. Additionally, their vitamin C richness enhances iron absorption and aids in maintaining healthy blood pressure and heart function.
It’s true; Brussels sprouts can sometimes be bitter due to a compound called glycosylates. Fortunately, modern farming techniques have reduced this bitterness. If you remain sensitive to it, don’t fret. The olive oil in this recipe effectively tames the bitterness, and the roasting process further tempers it. The combination of a tangy pomegranate molasses dressing and salty feta in our recipe ensures a well-balanced and delightful taste.
Air Fryer Option
For enthusiasts of air fryers, this dish is adaptable! To prepare Brussels sprouts in an air fryer, set the temperature to 375 degrees and cook for 10 to 12 minutes. Remember to shake the basket every 5 minutes, even when cooking.
Pairing Ideas for Your Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Enhance your meal with an array of mouthwatering side dishes that complement your Roasted Brussels Sprouts. Add these delightful options to your holiday spread:
- Green Beans with Crispy Shallots: Tender green beans with crispy shallots bring a savory crunch.
- Ultimate Stuffed Acorn Squash: Rich, nutty acorn squash stuffed with a delectable mixture.
- Mediterranean Stuffed Sweet Potato: Vibrant sweet potatoes filled with chickpeas and pomegranate seeds.
- Garlic Mashed Potatoes: Creamy and comforting mashed potatoes with robust garlic flavor.
- Cranberry Orange Salad: A zesty and tangy salad with cranberries and oranges.
- Herbed Wild Rice Pilaf: Fragrant wild rice pilaf seasoned with fresh herbs.
These diverse sides offer a symphony of flavors, ensuring a memorable Thanksgiving feast. Mix and match for a well-rounded spread that satisfies every palate at your holiday gathering.
I would love to hear your experience!
Loved this recipe? Leave a comment below sharing your thoughts! And if you make it, don’t forget to tag us in your photos. I would love to see your delicious creations!