Table of Contents
Welcome to the flavors of the Mediterranean! This tasty and satisfying Mediterranean rice bowl recipe will surely bring something special and exciting to your weekly dinner rotation. My Delicious Chicken Over Rice – Chicken Tzatziki Bowl has fragrant spices, juicy vegetables, protein-packed chickpeas, and fluffy rice that will have your taste buds singing a festive tune in no time. This chicken rice bowl recipe can be easily customized for any dietary preference and makes for a great meal plan. With that said, I’m sure this will become one of your favorite chicken rice bowls to make. In addition, the mixture of citrus makes this zesty lemon chicken rice bowl burst with flavor!
Why I love Mediterranean Rice Bowls:
- You can customize it to each one’s liking with endless possibilities: juicy chicken, baked fish, meatballs paired with cooling tzatziki yogurt sauce, or tahini sauce. Add some roasted za’atar cauliflower for sweetness, along with a variety of fresh vegetables like cucumbers, tomatoes & olives — plus crunchy almonds & creamy hummus to top it off. For this recipe specifically, we will focus on lemon chicken and rice.
- Add some roasted za’atar cauliflower for sweetness. And top it off with various fresh vegetables like cucumbers, tomatoes, and olives – plus crunchy almonds and creamy hummus.
- In addition, this tzatziki lemon chicken and rice recipe is also healthy. Enjoy all the flavor comfort food spots, satisfying your cravings and keeping you feeling full.
- Enjoy all the flavor comfort food spots while satisfying your cravings and keeping you feeling full. Set up stress-free entertainment by preparing everything beforehand – let everyone assemble their own CAVA-style bowl according to their tastes – a yummy dish they’ll love without hassle.
How to Structure the Chicken and Rice Bowl
Making a perfect chicken rice bowl has never been easier! In just six simple steps, you can create a delicious bowl that’s both healthy and satisfying. I simplified the directions so that it will be one of the easiest chicken rice bowl recipes you can find.
- Choose Your Base Rice – Start by picking what base rice you want as the foundation of your bowl. Popular choices include brown or white rice, quinoa, couscous, wild Rice, farro, and bulgur.
- Add Your Protein Next – add some protein to your bowl! Common proteins in grain bowls include lamb, chicken, tofu, fish, shrimp, and eggs.
- Add Your Greens – Now it’s time to add some leafy greens to your bowl for an extra nutritional boost. Many people like to use spinach or kale for their grain bowls – but you can also get creative and try something different if you’d like!
- Add Your Vegetables – You’ll want to make sure you’re adding plenty of fresh veggies to your bowl for added flavor and crunch – think carrots, bell peppers, onions, roasted cauliflower, sweet potatoes, and sauteed mushrooms. Get creative and have fun here.
- Add Your Topping – To give your bowl that special touch of flavor and texture, top it off with something crunchy, like toasted nuts or seeds (such as pumpkin or sunflower). You could also opt for avocado slices or pita chips if you’re adventurous!
Add Your Dressing – Finally, finish your chicken over rice bowl with a delicious dressing of your choice – there are so many options creamy tzatziki sauce or lemon tahini dressing to Greek goddess dressing. It is all about having fun!
Cut the sweet potato into small bites and lay it on a baking sheet.
Add the garbanzo beans, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with some paprika
Roast until tender for about 20 minutes
When ready to assemble, Start with a plate of cooked Rice, then top with cooked chicken, cooked sweet potatoes/ garbanzo beans/ on top along with tomatoes, cucumber/ slices of onion/radishes/olives/ sliced pepperoncini, and a large spoonful of tzatziki sauce sprinkle some of their fresh herbs.
There you have it…a lemon chicken rice recipe prepared in the perfect Mediterranean rice bowl. Enjoy!
Please Support The SiteHome Cooking is Easy!With These Minimalist Kitchen Essentials
|4 cups cooked rice ( your choice of short, long white or brown )|
|1 cup fresh parsley chopped|
|1 whole lemon zest|
For The chicken
|2 chicken breasts|
|2 tablespoons Greek plain Yogurt|
|2 garlic cloves minced|
|1/2 teaspoon paprika|
|1 teaspoon oregano|
|1/2 lemon juice and zest|
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|Dash salt and black pepepr|
For the Vegetables
|2 medium sweet potatoes washed, peeled, and cut into small bites|
|2 cups cooked garbanzo beans ( or 1 can of garbanzo beans 16 oz )|
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|1/2 teaspoon paprika|
|Dash salt and black pepper|
For tzatziki sauce
|2 cups plain Greek yogurt|
|1/4 English cucumber peeled and shredded|
|1 garlic clove minced|
|1 tablespoon fresh mint chopped|
|1/2 tablespoon olive oil|
|dash of salt and black pepper|
Recipe Tips & Suggestions
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist's advice.
See our full nutrition disclosure here.
Have You Tried This Mediterranean Recipe?
If So, Mention Us @ranasrecipe
Or Use Hashtag #ranasrecipe
Let’s Start Cooking With Love!
Tell Me How I’m Doing?
Have you made this Chicken Over Rice Bowl? Did you serve it Cava style? Love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave me a comment below