Walnut Stuffed Apple Dessert - Bosnian Recipe
The sweet and nutty flavors of the walnut filling perfectly complement the tender apple creating a delicious dessert that will impress your family and friends. let us make it together and see how easy and delicious it can be.
I love this Easy Stuffed Apple Dessert recipe! It’s quickly becoming my top choice for a sweet craving because of the delightful mix of sweet and nutty flavors. Trust me; This recipe will leave your taste buds begging for more. The apples are cored and stuffed with a mixture of walnuts, sugar, and cinnamon, creating a deliciously nutty filling that perfectly complements the sweetness of the apple. Once the apples are cooked, they are stuffed to perfection, making a warm and comforting dessert perfect for a chilly night or a cozy afternoon snack. The aroma of cinnamon and cooked apples will fill your home, making everyone’s mouth water in anticipation.
Easy Apple Dessert Recipe: Ingredients
- Water: The base of your syrup, providing the necessary liquid consistency.
- Sugar: Sweetens the syrup, infusing the apples with a delightful sugary flavor.
- Fresh Lemon Juice and Peel (3 pieces): Adds a citrusy tang, balancing the sweetness, while the peel imparts a subtle zest.
- Vanilla: A dash of vanilla enhances the syrup with its warm, aromatic essence.
- Cinnamon Stick (cut in half): Infuses the syrup with a spicy, warm note, perfect for complementing the apples.
- Apples (4 whole): The star of the dessert. Choose a variety that holds up well when cooked, like Honeycrisp or Granny Smith, for a perfect blend of sweetness and tartness.
- Hot Milk: Softens and combines the filling ingredients, adding a creamy texture.
- Ground Walnuts: Adds a nutty flavor and a bit of texture to the filling, complementing the softness of the apples.
- Unsalted Butter: Brings richness and a velvety texture to the filling, enhancing the overall mouthfeel.
- Whipped Cream: A dollop of whipped cream on top of each serving adds a light, creamy finish that pairs wonderfully with the rich, spiced flavor of the apples.
Best Apple to Use for Stuffed Apple Dessert
First, let’s talk about the star of the show, the apple. I like using Fuji and Granny Smith because my husband and I like different apples. You can use just about any apple type to vary the sweetness. It’s a personal choice. Take note the varied sweetness changes the time needed to cook. For instance, a sour apple, like a Granny Smith, can be cooked longer since it is sturdier. Sweeter apples, like Fuji apples, are more prone to crumbling when cooked too long.
How to Prepare the Apples
How long do I cook the apples for this easy apple dessert recipe? You’ll want to cook the apples just long enough to make them soft but not mushy. A helpful guideline is about 15 minutes on low heat for more giant apples and 12 minutes for smaller ones. To check for tenderness, simply poke each apple with a toothpick. If it goes through easily, they’re ready. It’s also important to occasionally move the apples around in the pan to ensure even cooking from all sides. While my recipe takes some liberties compared to the traditional version, I skip making the syrup to submerge the apples. Unless you plan to use these apples for something else, it’s not necessary. Additionally, the original recipe doesn’t include cinnamon, but a pinch of cinnamon enhances the flavor of this simple and delightful treat.
A healthy dessert option
Incorporating more fruits and nuts into your diet is a great way to boost your health. Apples, rich in antioxidants and dietary fiber, are an excellent staple in any diet. On the other hand, walnuts are a great source of healthy fats, protein, and fiber, making this dessert a healthier alternative to many other traditional desserts. If you’re a fan of apple desserts, you’ll want to try our delicious apple pie recipe, which features crisp and juicy apples, warm spices, and a flaky crust.
Tell Me How I’m Doing?
Have you made this simple Bosnian- Stuff Apple Walnut Recipe yet? Please let me know in the comment below