Making almond milk at home is surprisingly easy, and once you’ve tasted the fresh, pure flavor, you’ll wonder why you didn’t start sooner. So let’s dive in!
Many people assume homemade almond milk will be challenging, but it’s pretty easy. You can make homemade almond milk with two readily available ingredients: almonds and water. Add dates and vanilla extract to add flair to your almond milk. The only kitchen equipment needed is a food processor and a straining bag! It is a great breakfast addition to your cooked oatmeal.
Ingredients for Almond Milk:
- Almonds: The essence of almond milk lies in the humble yet powerful raw almonds. With their nutty richness, they form the base, imparting a delicate and wholesome flavor to the milk.
- Filtered Water: The clean canvas for almond infusion, filtered water plays a crucial role in achieving the desired consistency. It ensures almonds’ pure, crisp essence is captured in every sip, free from any impurities.
From Soaking to Selection
Common Questions about Homemade Almond Milk
- What is the Best Way To Store Almond Milk, and How Long Will It Stay Fresh?
- The best way to preserve it is by storing it in sterilized jars. You can sterilize your glass jars or containers at home by immersing them in hot boiling water to kill all the bacteria.
- It lasts in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. If you plan to store it for longer than that, put it in the freezer. It lasts for about 2-3 months in the freezer. You can freeze the remaining pulp and use it later in baking or cooking delicious food.
- How Would I Know If My Homemade Almond Milk Is Still Fresh? Here are a few indicators of spoiled almond milk: Smell: If it smells sour, it has gone wrong. Color: The color will turn creamy yellow to brown.Texture: The almond milk will turn thick and slimy in texture.
- What is the difference between homemade and store-bought ones?
- Homemade: Homemade almond milk is made from raw almonds and water. When you make it at home, you know precisely the number of almonds you have. Also, there are no other preservatives or added ingredients. So you are drinking wholesome, pure vegan milk.
- Store-bought: Store-bought almond milk is usually made from almonds that have been blanched, ground up, and mixed with water to create a paste. In addition to many additives, carrageenan is a product derived from seaweed. It is a vegan thickener but has been attributed to inflammation and negatively affects our bodies.
I would love to hear your experience!
Did you try making your almond milk with this recipe? I’d love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below to share your experience, any variations you tried, or any questions you might have. Your feedback helps us and other readers to learn and grow!