This sweet and tangy dressing is commonly paired with Chinese chicken salads, but its unique flavors also beautifully complement the peppery notes of arugula. In just 15 minutes, you can whip up this homemade dressing using simple ingredients and a blender.
The secret behind its vibrant taste lies in the combination of champagne vinegar, honey, diced mandarins, and fresh mint. These ingredients combine with avocado or grapeseed oil, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper. To ensure a smooth blend, using a blender or food processor to incorporate the mandarins seamlessly is best. Once your Mandarin Vinaigrette is ready, transfer it to a convenient mason jar for easy storage. With this versatile dressing, you can elevate your salads to new heights of flavor. So go ahead, indulge your taste buds, and savor the sweet and tangy goodness of Mandarin Vinaigrette.
Mandarin Vinaigrette ingredients
- Champagne Vinegar: Offers a mild, slightly sweet tanginess, adding a nuanced acidity to the vinaigrette.
- Honey: Provides a subtle sweetness, balancing the acidity of the vinegar and complementing the citrusy notes.
- Mandarin (diced and zest): Infuses vibrant citrus flavors, adding sweet and tangy elements to the vinaigrette.
- Finely Chopped Mint: Adds a refreshing, herbal essence, enhancing the overall freshness of the vinaigrette.
- Avocado Oil or Grapeseed Oil: Offers a neutral base while contributing a silky texture to the dressing.
- Dijon Mustard: Brings a hint of sharpness and acts as an emulsifier, helping to bind the ingredients together.
- Salt and Pepper: Seasonings that balance and enhance the overall taste profile of the vinaigrette.
Serving Suggestions for Mandarin Vinaigrette
When it comes to serving Mandarin Vinaigrette, the possibilities are endless. Its sweet and tangy flavors make it a perfect match for Chinese chicken salads, adding citrusy goodness. However, don’t limit yourself there. This versatile dressing also pairs wonderfully with the peppery kick of arugula, creating a delightful balance of flavors. Get creative and try it on mixed green salads, roasted vegetable salads, or even as a marinade for grilled chicken or shrimp. The Mandarin Vinaigrette is a versatile companion that elevates any dish it touches, providing a refreshing and vibrant taste experience.
Other Salad Dressings to Try:
These salad dressings are my go-to recipes for any salad creation. Whether a simple green salad or a more elaborate mix of ingredients, these dressings bring the perfect balance of flavors. Check my guide for how to make balanced salad dressings.
- Miso Ginger Dressing: Enhance your salad with a delicious blend of miso paste, rice vinegar, and ginger for an explosion of umami flavor.
- Lemongrass Salad Dressing: Add a zesty citrus twist to your salads and grilled veggies or proteins with a delicious lemongrass-infused dressing that doubles as a marinade.
- Ranch Salad Dressing: Ranch dressing is a creamy, tangy, versatile favorite made with buttermilk, garlic, dill, and other herbs and spices. It’s perfect for salads and as a dip.
- Greek Goddess Dressing: Mediterranean-inspired dressing with Greek yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, dill, and parsley. Perfect for Greek salads or as a veggie dip.
- Lemon Tahini Dressing: Tahini and lemon dressing flavor salads, roasted veggies, and falafel.
- Avocado Lime Dressing: Creamy avocado and zesty lime juice create a smooth and vibrant dressing. Perfect for salads, wraps, or as a veggie dip.
- Dijon Balsamic Dressing: Try Dijon mustard and balsamic vinegar for a tangy twist on your salads.
I would love to hear your experience!
Have your adventure to make this Mandarin Vinaigrette dressing! Let me know your feedback in the comment below.