Your whole family will absolutely love these drumsticks! They’re not only moist and flavorful but also incredibly easy to make – perfect for a crowd-pleasing dish. Plus, they bring the vibrant and delicious flavors of the Mediterranean to your table.
Get ready for an easy recipe your whole family will enjoy! These Mediterranean oven-baked chicken drumsticks are a delicious treat and convenient to make in a big batch. Plus, they store well in the fridge for a few days, making them a practical choice for meal planning. Imagine savoring every bite of tender, juicy drumsticks with crispy, golden skin kissed by Turkish-inspired seasonings. What’s even better? You don’t need to be a kitchen expert to make these flavorful and delicious drumsticks confidently.
But that’s not all – in addition, there’s an exceptional yogurt-feta dipping sauce that’s the perfect companion for these succulent drumsticks. The creamy tang of yogurt, the savory notes of feta cheese, and the refreshing zing of citrus will have your taste buds dancing in pure delight. Get ready for an extraordinary Mediterranean flavor journey!
Ingredients for Oven-Baked Chicken Drumsticks
Marinate seasoned drumsticks in the fridge for at least four hours to infuse the meat with Mediterranean spices, resulting in richly flavored chicken drumsticks celebrating Mediterranean flavors in every bite.
Mediterranean Spice Blend
- Dry Oregano: Contributes robust and earthy flavors with hints of citrus and mild bitterness.
- Chili Flakes: Adds a gentle heat and a delightful kick to the drumsticks.
- Cardamom: Introduces warm and aromatic essence with sweet undertones.
- Cumin: Lends a smoky, slightly nutty flavor, enhancing the marinade with earthy tones.
- Turmeric: Infuses the drumsticks with vibrant color and mildly bitter, earthy flavor. Offers antioxidant properties.
- Aleppo Pepper: Contributes fruity, moderately spicy flavor with nuanced undertones.
- Paprika: Provides mild, smoky sweetness and vibrant color, elevating visual appeal.
- Black Pepper: Adds a zesty kick and depth to the marinade.
- Salt: Amplifies the flavors of the spices and balances the savory components.
Other Key Ingredients
- Yogurt: Tenderize the chicken while adding a creamy and tangy note to the marinade.
- Juice of 1 Lemon: Infuses a bright, citrusy freshness that complements the spices.
- Roasted Garlic: Offers a mellow, sweet, and aromatic profile to enhance the marinade’s complexity.
Making the Yogurt-Feta Dipping Sauce
- Prepare a delectable yogurt-feta dipping sauce that pairs seamlessly with succulent drumsticks. This sauce features a delightful combination of creamy Greek yogurt, savory feta cheese, and vibrant citrus flavors.
- Combine Greek yogurt, minced garlic, fresh mint, dill, crumbled feta, lime juice, and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Stir the ingredients until well blended, adding a pinch of salt and pepper to taste. Finish with a sprinkle of sumac for extra flavor.
Use the sauce as a delightful drizzle over crispy skin or a delectable dip.
Serving Oven-Baked Chicken Drumsticks
Elevate your meal with delightful Mediterranean sides that complement your oven-baked chicken drumsticks:
- Flavorful Dips: Enhance your drumsticks with creamy hummus or smoky baba ganoush, adding layers of taste to your chicken.
- Vibrant Side Salads: Opt for refreshing options like fattoush or classic Greek salad, brimming with juicy tomatoes, crisp cucumbers, red onions, olives, and creamy feta.
- Hearty Sides: Savor aromatic yellow lemon Greek rice or delicate vermicelli rice alongside oven-roasted veggies if you want heartier options.
- Creamy Comfort: Indulge in herb risotto infused with aromatic herbs and rich Parmesan to complement your oven-baked chicken drumsticks perfectly.
- These Mediterranean-inspired pairings offer diverse textures and aromas, ensuring a satisfying meal for all palates and making your chicken drumsticks irresistibly delightful.
Tell Me How I’m Doing?
Did you try making the Mediterranean oven-baked chicken drumsticks? If so, did you use any particular spices or add unique ingredients? I would love to hear about your experience. Please feel free to leave a comment below.