Indulge in the homemade goodness of my irresistible balsamic vinaigrette recipe, a true favorite. If there’s one thing my café regulars couldn’t get enough of, it’s this dressing. With only two salad dressings on my café menu – the Greek goddess and this one – both emerged as clear winners among customers. And the best part? With a handful of pantry staples, this balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing is a breeze at home.
Balsamic Vinaigrette Ingredients
- Minced Garlic: Infuses the vinaigrette with a pungent and aromatic kick, adding depth to the overall flavor.
- Balsamic Vinegar: The show’s star, balsamic vinegar, brings a rich, sweet, and tangy note to the vinaigrette.
- Dijon Mustard: Offers a sharp and tangy flavor, enhancing the vinaigrette’s complexity.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil: Provides a smooth and fruity foundation, bringing a luscious texture to the vinaigrette.
- Honey: Balances the acidity with a touch of sweetness, creating a harmonious blend.
- Salt and Pepper: To taste, these seasonings add the perfect balance and seasoning to the vinaigrette.
To get a creamy version of this salad dressing, use a food processor and add garlic and Dijon mustard, honey, and vinegar into the food processor. While the food processor is running, slowly drizzle the oil until everything is thoroughly mixed together.
Serving Suggestions and More
Take your salads up a notch with this balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing. Beyond salads, it’s a versatile marvel! Try it as a marinade for roasted veggies or a dip. Imagine tangy, savory notes complementing fresh greens, crunchy cucumbers, and ripe tomatoes. Pair it with grilled chicken or shrimp, amplifying their taste. Elevate your dish further with some crumbled feta and toasted nuts. Why limit it?
Some Salad Dressings to explore
These salad dressings are my go-to recipes for any salad creation. Whether a simple green salad or a more elaborate mix of ingredients, these dressings bring the perfect balance of flavors. They’re not limited to salads; I love using them as dips for fresh veggies or marinades for grilled proteins.
- Miso Ginger Dressing: Elevate your salads and veggies with miso, rice vinegar, and ginger dressing for a delicious umami flavor.
- Lemongrass Salad Dressing: Spice up salads or marinade proteins with this versatile dressing. Perfect for Asian-inspired dishes.
- Mandarin Vinaigrette: Fresh mandarin juice vinaigrette is perfect for green and fruit salads with its sweet and tangy taste.
- Ranch Salad Dressing: A classic and beloved dressing, the ranch is creamy, tangy, and herbaceous with a blend of buttermilk, garlic, dill, and other herbs and spices. It’s a versatile dressing that goes well with various salads and makes a great dip.
- Greek Goddess Dressing: A zesty Mediterranean dressing made with Greek yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, dill, and parsley. Great for Greek salads or as a veggie dip.
I would love to hear your experience!
Do you prepare your own salad dressing? If so, have you ever attempted this recipe? I’d be delighted to hear your thoughts! Please feel free to leave a comment down below.